2011 Mission team

2011 Mission team
Karen, Randy, Jo Ann, Ev, Al, Matt, Bj, Tim
Nozomi, Katherine, Garrett, Andrew

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BJ - Last day of VBS

I'm very tired... But God's strength, wisdom, and energy sustains me :)

I also miss Matt, he attracts all the mosquitoes to him and away from me :\ I wasn't bit until Matt left our team. So I miss our mosquito scarecrow... for me.

Today will be an intense day for me. I just finished the TMK slideshow and it took some time and energy to get it done last night, but PRAISE God for it working out. The program crashed once on me, but luckily I could save during the crash... which I know is weird, but a blessing is a blessing.

On top of that, I'm sharing my testimony and its gonna be from my childhood experience. I pray I don't get too emotion since I get pretty teary eyed when sharing about my personal life. Over the years I realized how hurt and broken I've been and not fully understanding what was going on around me helped. But as I got older it became bigger than what I thought it was. Thanks be to God for saving me and rescuing me from dark moments in life.

It's been really great talking with Jon and Chieko Reasoner and even chatting with their two youngest kids. Elliot and Liz (Elizabeth) have been working with us and hanging out and it's been great. I hope and pray that the team is able to encourage and help in whatever way we can and that God's WILL will be done in Japan.

Another blessing is being able to serve with Paul's family. His wife Carol and daughter Jessi(spell check?) have also been helping and it's been great having their help. Such a huge blessing to talk and serve with them. Especially since the Suzuki family have done and influenced my faith in so many ways.

The kids are having way too much fun and I was glad the game yesterday was a blast... LITERALLY! We played Sharks and Minnows and the Sharks were the leaders with water guns and the kids were the minnows trying to run past us without getting wet. BUT the kids who survived got the awesome privileged to get a water balloon and pop them on us. Some missed, bounced, popped, or exploded on them (and myself). I'll post pictures later or try to upload the video. But regardless, GOD IS AMAZING! The kids are connecting with the message and the people. The moms are enjoying us and TRUSTING us so much. Praise God for His provisions and His loves for us.

Thank you for your prayers and support and I'm so excited to see what God does today. I'll end on this note:

Philippians 4:4-10

Final Exhortations
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment