2011 Mission team

2011 Mission team
Karen, Randy, Jo Ann, Ev, Al, Matt, Bj, Tim
Nozomi, Katherine, Garrett, Andrew

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shirley-NBF First Sunday

We had the complete VBS Team for Nokendai Bible Fellowship's service at 3pm today, praise God! Thanks to Al's exceptional train scheduling skills using "Jorudan" he got Matt and Nozomi on the 12:17 train to Nokendai. The 2 boys made it to service at 2:20pm ahead of us who were stuck in the worst Costco traffic I have ever seen at this time of year. Karen, Joanne, Amelia, Katherine, Emma and I went ahead to pick up the sushi for tonight's dinner and we saw the dreaded line for the parking garage that typically happens only during Christmas or New Year's. We prayed, and the Lord got us through in less than 20 minutes. Inside, of course, was also extremely busy, but by the time I got all the food and through the check-out line, we also had our Costco lunch, were seated and eating and could exit at 2:20 as planned. We got to NBF shortly after Matt and Nozomi and Kohichi and his group arrived in the second car. Mrs. Ogasawara was already at NBF and had the room set up. We had a record 28 people today, but that does include 5 Tamura's and 7 VBS team members. Still, we had a joyous time of worship. The kids and I got to hear Katherine's testimony. The children were dismissed to Sunday School, while Karen and Randy shared their testimonies with the adults. We can always tell how the service went by the quality of the fellowship time afterwards. It felt so warm and comfortable and everyone was talking with someone. We thank God that He was so present and gave each of us such a blessed time to reconnect with old friends.

Please pray for our VBS program that starts tomorrow. I admit I feel nervous, but trust the Lord will do something wonderful this week as we keep our eyes fixed on Him as we proclaim His Good News from His Living Word. Thanks for remembering us in your prayers. We leave early tomorrow, between 7:00-7:30am, because they always show up early the first day! I think the VBS team took pictures and hope they will post them, because I forgot my camera today :(

God bless and good night!

Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever. (Psalm 28:6-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment